Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Welcome baby girl!

Want to meet my pretty, little niece?! Here she is....

Alyssa Lynn Driver finally arrived last night after hanging out in her mama's belly for more than a week over her due date. She is a round little thing and my sister, although tired, is very happy to finally meet her and very happy NOT to be pregnant anymore!

My oldest nephew, Tate, is excited and so very proud of his tiny sister, but the next in line, four-year-old Tyson isn't so sure. He finds Alyssa satisfactory, but the first thing he asked my sister, gently patting her tummy, was, "Where is the boy baby?" He has been certain from day one that they would be bringing a baby brother home. Poor guy. Hopefully this won't traumatize him too much.

I guess Alyssa is hungry all the time and most happy when she is eating. A girl after my own heart. I will not be able to go home to meet her until October, which is a bummer, but I could not be happier to be the Auntie of this little girl!


Alyssa Lynn, tiny girl who has known this world just two days, may the God of all grace hold you and keep you. May faith always sustain you and bring you peace. May you know deep joy and laughter as you grow and learn and may you always know you are loved, dear girl. Welcome to this family!

7 comments:

  1. What great news. Your last paragraph made me teary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet family! Those boys are sure to fall in love with that baby girl! Did she know it was a girl? So happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny about Tyson, but he will therefore be the best kind of big brother...one that assumes his little sister can do anything that any boy could do! That is a good lesson to have early :) -- makes us little sisters pretty resiliant women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's here! yay!!! congratulations, auntie carm!

    xoxo

    TL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always inspired by your posts and can feel your spirit in almost every one of them. I bet your sermons are amazing, making everyone feel the desire to be a bit better than when the walked into church that day. I think you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Carmen! How perfect that little Alyssa has you as her auntie ... a wonderful woman of voice and vision to show her the way! Bless you both as you influence each other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must echo Tina's comment: how perfect that little Alyssa has you.....
    Bless you both!
    And, by the way, how do I thank you for the gift of your posts? They enrich my life with their depth and beauty and richness. I wonder if you know that your posts are the sermons that bring the possibility of God to me more often than not.

    ReplyDelete