Monday, August 3, 2009

Gotham Nights

There have been some beautiful moons these last few nights here in New York. Cloudy and rainy days have paid off and the moon has been playing a fantastic game of hide and seek. If I was a poet I would write a few lines. But I am not a poet.

Instead I will listen to Billy Collins read some of his own poetry on YouTube tonight before I go to sleep. Because we can do that now-a-days. Poetry at our fingertips. The internet is wonderful (thanks Al Gore) but If I had my way, I would crawl into bed with a book and someone to read it with because there are some things that have no substitute. And delighting in shared words and marveling at the slippery, milky moon is one of them.

2 comments:

  1. absolutely agree! no substitute...

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hai, nice to meet you, i love this posting
    i hope we can exchange link, thanks
    http://www.freez-template.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete