Monday, November 1, 2010

Love is in the air

I finally got back to the gym tonight after a long hiatus. I have developed a slightly pudgy layer around the belly, so the return was critical. Betsy, my aerobics instructor, was especially cheerful tonight. You can attend to these things in between circuit training, particularly because you are surrounded by unforgiving wall-to-wall mirrors. In between jumping jacks, squats, and push-ups I noticed her furtive looks out the door and by the end of the class I had no doubt that dear Betsy and the new front desk guy have a little romance brewing. Love is in the air. Three cheers for romance.

I went to the "Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear" this weekend. It was a bucket of fun-- nothing life-transforming or anything, but it was the perfect fall day to hang out with 300,000 of my closest friends on the Mall. DC is such a lovely little city. Horrendous traffic, but full of politicos and fresh-faced idealists, those weary of injustice and those eager for something new. I think I would like living in DC.

A few pics from a controversial event. A penny for your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Amid the Halloween hoopla, I didn't catch any tidbits about the rally, but I'm totally intrigued and needing to watch some of the posted video. If you ever live in DC, I will come visit - still never been. Sigh.

    On a side note: "sweet boy I'm dating" in the last post and "Love is in the Air" on this one?? Ahem. I humbly request a FB or email message.

    ReplyDelete