Sunday, November 7, 2010

Adios a mi Camera

I watched a Brecht play a few nights ago. Upon arriving home I had two options: stew in despair or browse facebook and ponder a newsie blogpost. I choose option two. One should make room for nihilism, but only in small doses.

I have bad news. On Sunday night I was carving this cute jack-o-lantern and while cleaning up I accidentally bashed the viewfinder of my camera into a radiator. SMASH. In one swift move its days of documenting the world were over.

On the bright side, it is one less thing to own. I have always found ridding myself of earthly possessions invigorating. Within reason, of course. It's like nihilism: everything in moderation.

And so, my friends, I must pay homage to my camera.

How should one give honor to any good and faithful companion? A montage, of course.

A tribute to you, my Camera. Thanks for the good times.



RIP 2007-2010

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get a new camera! I always love the pics in your posts! Hope you're well! -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen,

    I turned my camera in to be cleaned last week and I almost cried as I walked out of the store. Absolutely pathetic! Cameras are such personal things and losing one, even if temporarily, is traumatic. My condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely memories Carmen! Sort of glad you had to eulogize your camera so we got to see your travels again. Don't worry - it's not about the equipment - it's the eyes and heart behind the lens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Carms,
    Great tribute to all the great experiences that your camera documented for you. Wonderful memories I'm sure. I say this time you go big and get a DSLR. That's just how I roll sister.

    Love
    Brett

    ReplyDelete