Sunday, April 4, 2010

Brown Skin

















"Spring has returned. The earth is like a child that knows poems.” - Rainer Maria Rilke

Finally, spring has arrived. The winter cold has lost its grip and the flowers and trees are blooming! It has been good to return to Philadelphia "brown as a berry" (as my mother used to say) after a wonderful 2 weeks in beautiful, sunny Southern Africa. Today included an easter celebration with friends and plenty of relaxation and good conversation. The fragrance of easter lilies, magnolia trees and the white blossoms on the cherry trees have been a gift. I believe my heart and my mind and my body have officially thawed.

I will share some pictures and stories from my trip when I am feeling more lucid and clever. Jet lag is still curbing the creative juices. Happy Easter to you!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back :) Glad you are safe. Can't wait to read more about the trip!

    ReplyDelete