Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fa la la la la la la la la

I am roasting a chicken for the first time in my life. I am wearing an apron to legitimize the act (If you ever see me in an apron you can be certain I am insecure about whatever I am doing in the kitchen). It snowed for the first time today and my room-mate had a lousy day, so I decided to go all out and cook a very merry, cheerful holiday dinner. The kitchen smells like rosemary or thyme -- some lovely green thing. My walk to and from Whole Foods was exhilarating. Tiny white flakes, slick side-walks, and the frigid air made me feel arctic and adventurous.

My camera is at the doctor's, so this is a stock photo. I am certain that my chicken looks better. Fingers crossed this darn thing will be delish.

1 comment:

  1. By now you must have eaten your chicken, but just a hint. Those pictures are created by food artists and the best food doesn't necessarily look that pretty. Hope your brid turned out well.

    Love
    Kate

    ReplyDelete