Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bloggity Blog

Last blog posting = author feeling not-so-cheerful
Current blog posting = author feeling quite-cheerful-indeed

Hey friends. This morning I slept luxuriously late and chose to lie around in my bed (in my Cindy Lou Who striped pajamas) reading mags. Tis the season for subscription renewal and I am looking for some good recommendations.

I love the Economist, but I find a weekly magazine too intense. I would prefer a monthly subscription to something. The Atlantic Monthly is excellent (my friends Peter and Cheryl in Zambia introduced me), but I am open to other ideas. Anyone have any suggestions?

It is Saturday and I am about to go on a long walk. I am thankful for the gift of time today. Time to sleep late. Time to walk. Time to read. Time to be attentive to the world and how good it can be. Life is not without its share of challenge, but it is relentlessly good. Wishing you some goodness today.

5 comments:

  1. If you like pop culture taken seriously, then gift yourself Paste magazine for Christmas. It's how I stay up on music and film. They include a CD sampler with each issue, and they're usually loaded with good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may sound crazy, but one of my favorite monthly mags is "Mens Journal." A men's magazine with guys on the cover. They legitamitly have great articles and cover all sorts of interesting things - vacations, gear, etc, etc. Probably not one you would actually subscribe to, but worth snagging from the store sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother Jones...only comes 4 or 5 times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello...Vanity Fair - cover to cover each month! Or ESPN the Magazine. Or, National Geographic, or The Smithsonian, or Real Simple, or.. Okay, the Hallgren's get too many magazines, we are magazine sluts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Style cover to cover or Vogue....:)

    ReplyDelete