Monday, November 2, 2009

Waiting on some inspiration

Thoughts from the last 15 minutes:

1) I want to take a photography class. That needs to be on the life agenda.

2) Do you think there is anything worse than dishonesty? I think it might be one of the worst qualities in a person.

3) Falling in love is annoying, for the record. I am certain of it. That is the conclusion on the matter, this day, November 2, 2009.

4) Flirting, on the other hand, not so bad.

5) I would like a kitten. A fluffy, puffy, meowing kitten. What shall I name him? Something French, I think. Pierre.

6) I like cappuccinos. I think I may have found a coffee shop to return to regularly. It is rustic. That is a good word for it. Rustic, yet urban-fashionable. I am drinking a cappuccino right now, so I expect my mood to improve exponentially in approximately 5 minutes.

I’ve been waiting on some inspiration before writing a blog posting, but inspiration has been hard to come by lately.

I now live on the third floor of a creaky, old brownstone at Arch and 18th Street in Philadelphia. There is a row of eight small trees that line the block, but for the most part I am surrounded by concrete and steel. I need to find myself some parks. I have come to find that Philadelphians LOVE Philadelphia. It is a surprisingly intense love affair (and slightly obnoxious to the outsider). I have offended a few people by asking, "What exactly makes this city so great?" I am a jerk.

One wonderful thing about this city? Brunch. There are lots of great places for long, luxurious brunches- good coffee, good food, good atmosphere.

I have been absorbed by work already, but have found some time for lovely excursions with friends. Went to a wedding in Princeton last weekend and got to spend time with some people that I love.

Solitude and joy are not diametrically opposed. I plan to seize a little of both this week.

8 comments:

  1. Photography class sounds good! I've thought about this too but I just scour the internet for tips/tricks and ideas.
    I hear you on waiting for inspiration....sometimes I can't think of anything to write or share. If it makes you feel better even posts like this are fun to read! Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes people just don't realize that they are dishonest. Because they are lying to themselves.
    ...yes, falling in love is annoying but nevertheless important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photo class would be fun, no doubt, but you're a pretty excellent photographer already. What else you got on that agenda? I vote for tango lessons. I would pay good money to see that! Or maybe kite-surfing. Yeah, kite-surfing would be very entertaining. I'm really just interested in how your agenda will amuse me. :)

    BTW, I don't think it's the actual "falling in love" part that's annoying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reminding me that it is ok to be totally random in my thought processes at times. :) Thanks for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, people. I feel totally interacted with! SunSAYler, I think you are right. Makes me kind of sad to think of this, though. And, I love your profile pic by the way. Cheri, thanks! Ditto! J.C. - tango?! YES!!!! Got to to think on this some more. And right back at you Steph and Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speaking of the photo class I have entered 7 photos in a photo exhibition here. The theme is Asia and Chiang Mai in particular. It starts Nov 14th to the 29th. I'm really excited about it. But, you know what I am more excited about? Visiting our wonderful friend Carmie in Feb. We love you Carmie and can't wait to see you. One good thing PCUSA did is introducing us to you. You are loved sweet Carmen.

    Look forward to seeing you soon
    Love Breath

    ReplyDelete
  7. You want to know why we love Philadelphia? Let me count the ways! I miss the city of filial love. Did you know the art museum is free on Sundays?

    ReplyDelete