Wednesday, August 11, 2010

VayCay, Day 3

The only thing better than visiting charming Nuremberg? Visiting charming Nuremberg and staying with your friend's Amy and Jeff who provide gorgeous lime/plum/coconut cake for breakfast. Today I had a leisurely morning that involved learning two things about spiders while drinking a cup of coffee on the porch:

1) Spiders gather in their webbing into a little ball when you mess it up.
2) After they do this they need a break and curl up for a nap. This morning I thought for the very first time in my life, "Spiders are cute."

This is what vacation does to you. It gives you the time to notice the way spiders spin a web and how they nap.

I traipsed about the city with my lovely friend Saskia yesterday morning and learned lots of its secrets with my old friend Udo last night. Thank you both, for a remarkable day.

You live in a beautiful part of the world and I am grateful to know you. Tschüß!

4 comments:

  1. Currently greetings from Sri Lanka, from wonderfull Ayurveda-weeks.

    dear Carmen!

    You are in Germany!!
    Great
    (and a little bit sad for me) ...
    next time ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time!!! Yes, please! Yes, please!

    I am so very sad we missed one another this trip. I hope you are feeling rested and happy in body, mind, and spirit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spelled that darn word wrong, didn't I? Tschuss?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmen.
    I do.

    It's a wonderfull vacation with Ayurveda-treatments and relaxing.

    And: yes. let,s try to coordinate our Big travels for the next time...

    Tschuess ! :-)

    ReplyDelete