Saturday, June 19, 2010

Philadelphia Charm

I have no good excuse for the lack of blog postings lately. Lots of lovely things have happened since I last wrote. I went home to visit the fam, got to see wonderful friends in Seattle; I have read three trashy novels, watched a half dozen World Cup games, and have had some fabulous meals and coffee dates with friends here in the City of Brotherly Love. The world is chalk-full of fine folk and I seem to be crossing their paths left and right.

But I still feel some writer's block. I'm so uninspired that I stole this photo from a stranger's blog! For shame!

It is a cool picture, though, eh? Of all the things I like about living in the Northeast, this still ranks in the top three: lightning bugs. They are magical. Last night I had a wonderful dinner with three women in the suburbs and we lingered on a back porch savoring good food and drink and sorbet and best of all, the charming fairies with glowing green bellies. I love a good, sultry summer night and hats off to Philly. It does 'sultry' very well.

6 comments:

  1. I have to say, I was very surprised to read your title - Philadephia Charm??? What's gotten into you? Glad that Philly is revealing it's beauty to you step by step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Alissa. I am being generous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carmen - wanted to let you know there is a package waiting for you at your post office :) They should have left you a notice; if they didn't, let me know and I will contact them for redelivery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A package at the post office?!?! No! I have not received a notice! I'll check the mail again tomorrow. So thoughtful of you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so welcome :) Should I contact them so they can redeliver? I think it may be too big to leave in your box.

    ReplyDelete