Monday, January 4, 2010

Mazungu Baby!



I taught my sister to wear her baby Zambian style. I know my friend Esther does not read this blog, but this is dedicated to you, dear friend. I am passing on good lessons you shared with me!


I am back in Philly after a long day and night of travel. 2010 has begun! I am ready for some new adventures and some LAUGHTER. Enough with the dreary winter blues!


What should I accomplish this year? Writing a novel seems a bit too ambitious, but tempting. Here are a few ideas I am kicking around:


- Hold the hand of someone who does not expect it
- Eat an ice cream cone on a concrete curb with a friend on a sunny day
- Take a photography class
- Read a really good book
- Take a beautiful picture to give to a friend
- Go somewhere I have never been before
- Host at least one great dinner party


I need some more ideas. Any suggestions? Things you are going to do?

5 comments:

  1. you could knock two of those out together. Photography class and then take a picture to give to someone!!! I'm sure you would have guessed that would be my answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, African woman! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a great way to take a free photography class - go to meetup.com and find a group. They often have classes to teach each other what they know. AND there are a lot of other fantastic groups in there.

    Another idea - handwritten letters (my dad wrote one a day as his Lenten discipline), surprise phone calls, come to Raleigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. While the novel is fermenting, you could self-publish a small book of your photos along with words of inspiration/wisdom gathered from your experiences. You could gift some really special people with it and sell it to the rest of us who would love to have it. Yes, I'm serious!

    ReplyDelete