Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The life of a holy roller

I like the title of this post, even if I am full of c-r-a-p. I am no holy roller, but you'd think I would be since I am a pastor.

Life in Philadelphia: I am sitting on a bed (the only clean, comfy, organized thing in my life right now), surrounded by boxes, overwhelmed by a very full inbox, swimming in WORK, curious about the strange new city I live in, and thrilled about the potential of this church. I already like the people I work with-- creative, smart, authentic-types that are all about service, compassion, and learning.

After 4 nights at here, I have decided the house where I live is not haunted. She is crumbling and falling apart in myriad charming ways, but she is ghost-less. Don't worry, I will make sure she is not lifeless!

This pic gives you a picture of where I live and work. Hopefully it will be the place that soon feels like home.

4 comments:

  1. When I saw your post title, I thought perhaps you had joined a roller derby team in your new city... that would be a whole new culture to explore. Maybe the trick to embracing the tie-wearing, pilsner drinking, future retirees, is to treat Philly as a new world culture to embrace...
    -Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alissa, I changed the post since you offered this comment. I re-read it this evening and thought, "That is dumb. Don't publish that." Thanks for your encouragement. I am sure your advice is very wise! Goodnight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carmen! I wanted you to know that I have started a new blog and have put your link on my sidebar :) I love reading your updates and have kept up with you for a while now. Can't wait to see you again, and I hope the transition is going well!
    ~Cheri Scribner

    ReplyDelete